Easy Crepes with Ricotta Filling – Ingredients and Directions
Article by Emely
Crepes with Ricotta Filling are very popular in Europe. This is a gluten free recipe. Make the crepes a few hours before dinner and let them stand between sheets of parchment paper or wax paper at room temperature. Assemble them just before serving or, for extra fun, let your guests help. This dessert is really simple to assemble once you have the crepes made. It’s a great dessert for guests because it really is quite elegant. Recipe makes 8 servings. Here are ingredients and easy directions:
EASY CREPES WITH RICOTTA FILLING – INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
2/3 cup sifted Sorghum Blend (Ingredients: 1½ cups sorghum flour 35%, 1½ cups potato starch/cornstarch 35%, 1 cup tapioca flour 30%. Directions: Whisk the ingredients together until well blended. Store, tightly covered, in a dark, dry place. You may refrigerate or freeze the blend, but bring to room temperature before using. Makes 4 cups. You may double or triple the recipe.)¼ teaspoon xanthan gum1/8 teaspoon salt1 cup 1% milk (cow’s, rice, soy, potato, or nut)2 large eggs, at room temperature6 teaspoons unsalted butter or buttery spread, such as Earth Balance, melted, or canola oil, divided1 teaspoon almond extract
FILLING1 cup ricotta cheese, at room temperature1 tablespoon powdered sugar1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract½ teaspoon almond extractChocolate Sauce, for garnish
1. Make the crepes: Combine the sorghum blend, xanthan gum, salt, milk, eggs, 2 teaspoons of the butter, and almond extract in a blender and process until very smooth.
2. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet or seasoned crepe pan over medium-high heat until a drop of water dances on the surface. Add enough of the remaining 4 teaspoons butter (about ½ teaspoon per crepe) to lightly coat the skillet, adding more as necessary to fry all 8 crepes.
3. Pour a scant 2 tablespoons batter into the crepe pan and immediately tilt pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until the underside of the crepe is brown; cook other side for about 20 to 30 seconds until it is also lightly browned. Fry another 7 crepes with the remaining batter and butter. Stack the crepes with layers of parchment paper or aluminum foil between them.
4. Make the filling: In a food processor, place the cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract and blend until smooth.
5. To serve, place each of the 8 crepes on a dessert plate and spread 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of each and then fold it in half. Drizzle each crepe with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
Follow the easy directions very carefully and you will be surprised how good this crepes really are. Lots of fun preparing this easy crepe recipe. Enjoy the crepes and Bon Apetit.
About the Author
Emely’s SIMPLE CREPE RECIPE with step by step directions.
Quick and EASY CREPE RECIPE prepared in minutes.
Find INGREDIENTS FOR CREPES and directions with pictures.
Learn all about desserts (articles): Types of pastry dough, how to make shortcrust pastry, rolling out pie crust, basic cheesecake recipe, cake technique, easy cake fillings, topping for cakes, how to make sponge cake, baking ingredients, fruit fool recipe, strawberry shortcake recipe and many more…
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.