Praline Pecan and Candied Pecans Recipes
Article by Jane Ros
We can find pecan nuts to be abundant in North America specifically in New Orleans. It is consumed by Americans in many ways. They can be salted, roasted and eaten just as it is; raw. You might have seen your pies and cakes with pecans too. Most of the times, it is used as praline and candied pecans.
You can always find it in North America. As history tells us that a French chef was the first person who prepared pralines. It was an almond way back then covered with sugar. Not so long after praline became known as crushed powder or paste of the nut with sugar in Europe. It is used as chocolate fillings. It is also found in Belgian chocolates.
Praline Pecan recipe
It is not hidden to everyone that it is not hard to make praline pecans at home. Once you have gathered the ingredients such as evaporated milk, butter, brown sugar, pecans, vanilla and water.
1. Place milk, sugar and water in a thick-bottomed pan.
2. Boil the mixture.
3. Stir constantly until it reaches to the consistency of a soft ball.
4. Take it from the heat and fold in the butter, vanilla and the pecans.
5. Drop spoonful of pecan mixture on waxed paper.
6. Serve pralines.
Candied Pecans recipe
Candied pecans are mouth-watering pleasure that can be prepared without hassle. You just gather the ingredients such as pecans halved, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, cinnamon, salt, water and vanilla.
1. Coat the pecan with vegetable oil and spread on a baking sheet.
2. Cook it for 20 minutes to 25 minutes. Make sure to stir it regularly.
3. Put sugar, cinnamon, salt and water in a saucepan and cook it.
4. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Wait until the mixture transformed into softball consistency or till it reach a temperature of 236 degree of a candy thermometer then remove the pan from heat.
6. Mix in the vanilla.
7. Add the pecans and stir until it becomes creamy.
8. Put the mixture in a waxed paper.
9. Separate the pecan with pork.
10. Let it cool till it hardened.
11. Serve candied pecans.
You can also have a variety of candied pecans. Just by preparing evaporated milk, butter, sugar, water and pecan.
1. Cook the milk and water in a heavy bottomed saucepan by setting it on a high fire.
2. Blend the sugar and stir the mixture till turns light brown.
3. Drop a stick of butter in it.
4. On the other side spread the pecan on a baking sheet and wait till it turns brown.
5. Pour them on a buttered plate and test if the mixture is in softball consistency.
6. Once done, mix the pecans.
7. Stir till the mixture turns semi-hard candy consistency.
8. Pour it on a greased plate and cut immediately into small pieces.
9. Serve it.
Praline pecan and candied pecans are usually served as snacks or can be served as desserts. In fact, it can be a present to your love ones.
About the Author
Jane Ros is a great follower of New Orleans praline recipes. She is now mastering the quick and easy recipe of New Orleans to produce tasty, creamy and affordable creole delicacies.
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.