Prawn and Veggie Fried Rice
- 2 bowls of rice (cooked)
- 8 prawns
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot
- Half cup of peas
- 1 asparagus
- 2 small Chinese sausages
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ tsp salt
- About half tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the prawns down the center of the back and take out the vein.
- Blanch prawns in the boiling water for 1 minutes until they turn pink.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Dice the carrots and sausages.
- Slice asparagus into small slices.
- Blanch peas and asparagus in boiling water, and then use a large pasta scoop or a skimmer to take everything out. Transfer to a plate.
- Beat the eggs evenly in a bowl.
- In a nonstick medium saucepan or a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Add egg and cook for about 1 minute.
- Once the egg is ready, add carrots, peas, sausage and asparagus.
- Stir for about 1 minute, and then add the rice, prawns and chopped green onion.
- Keep stirring everything for about 1 minute.
- Add salt and white pepper powder.
- Mix everything evenly.
The whole frying process takes about 5 minutes. There is not too much oil and no MSG.
Recipe from kelly.